Sunday, October 18, 2015

The First Time

It was a weekend I'll never forget, too hot to lose memory of. I was in St. George with all of my best friends. We wandered through the town day and night looking for anything that would grab our attention for more than 5 minutes. When the night rolled around we specified our search to females only. What I discovered was far more emotionally effective than anything I could've anticipated. We saw the bright lights flashing just barely off the freeway. I had no previous experience with the corporation leading up to that turning point in my life. It was just a good suggestion by my friend Nick. I had always wondered what was so special about the inside of that building. I had heard magical things but never anything that I could've prepared myself for. Ten minutes later I was sitting there when the number "21," rang out over the intercom. I eagerly walked to the front and received that very substance that changed my life forever. My teeth sank into that In N Out burger, I heard bells, saw stars, and was temporarily KO'd in the very seat I occupied. It was the first time, the first time I felt alive, and every time my teeth meet the perimeter of that burger, it again feels like the first time.

3 comments: