Sunday, September 20, 2015

Camera Roll

My camera roll is a time machine.

It starts me out hugging my mom on my 17th birthday. It takes me to a random Sunday, then to Junior Prom. It takes me to the last time with my best buds. After that I'm at the cemetery, but it sure is beautiful. It takes me back to something Truman said, then to graduation. Now I'm in a black hoodie taking pictures with my boy Vladivostok. It really takes me for a loop when it goes through the throwback section, family picture after family picture, a new person in each picture. Sitting in a hammock with some friends who I don't really see anymore. The Bronx, the Lake, and The Cabin. New friends pop up, old ones stay back at the beginning of the roll. Mission Pic, wedding, St. George, then Sophomore Prom. William Ernest Henley, California, Rodeo. Another rodeo, new friends come up, old ones disappear again. This time they appear as soon as they leave on their missions. There are a couple concerts and a beach or two in there as well. All leading to the present and hopefully there's a future, but who knows only the next picture will tell.

1 comment:

  1. this was really inspirational. "The Bronx, the Lake, and The Cabin." This alliteration has me reeling.

    ReplyDelete