Sunday, September 6, 2015

The Mad Hatter

I wore a hat to church today, you aren’t supposed to wear hats to church, but the hats we wear are what separates us from the animals. Even if I don’t wear a hat to school its always on my head. They’re different each day and they change almost simultaneously throughout the day, its not like any of us can really control them. I can promise you, you wouldn’t understand the hat I’m wearing right now, because the one you see is the one I know I’m not really wearing. I’ve got good hats and I’ve got the bad ones, I’ve got the ones that I wish I could get rid of but they’re not going anywhere. Some of them carry memories I wish would leave me alone but that’s part of the reason I hold onto them. Their gonna be the death of me sooner or later, its inevitable really.

 Sometimes my favorite part about wearing a hat is how it looks from the back, hair flowing. I like how they sit right over my eye-brows, almost making my eyes a one way mirror. 

Sometimes I can see other people’s hats, it makes me hate most of those people, but I can’t be too harsh because if you saw the hats in my head you would hate me too.


2 comments: