Sunday, September 6, 2015

I’m On Fire

Right now I can hear Montana and I’m thinking about that video that I want to forget. I just heard Ghosts and I now it’s ninth grade and Im driving around Alpine in my dad’s car. All of a sudden I hear Brandon Flowers' voice and I’m depressed driving late at night in the same car. Then I hear Someone Saved My Life Tonight and I’m pulling away from the chapel we all met at to give our condolences. The scene turns even colder and After the Storm is trying to convince me that things could possibly get better. The Piano Man starts and I’m in my grandma’s living room playing with my brother. Eminem starts telling me about his daughters and all of a sudden it doesn’t feel so bad. I hear about a Broken Crown and I just get mad, mad at everyone and everything. Bruce Springsteen is telling me a story about going One Step Up and two steps back. Then “beyond this place of wrath and tears, I thank whatever, whatever Gods may be.” It all kills me inside, each song I skip over just brings back a and memory, each song a pit of despair. These are my favorite songs, the songs that make you go numb.

4 comments: