Sunday, September 13, 2015

Winnie the Pooh

I used to wake up on Saturday mornings, pour myself a bowl of sugar cereal and watch Cartoon Network. My mom never let me eat sugar cereal during the week so I would get up early to eat that bowl of Captain Crunch. I used to have stomach problems because I was a nervous kid. I can count on my hand how many times I slept in my own bed through the whole night. Every night I woke up and moved my blankets to my mom and dad’s room and slept at the foot of their bed. I thought school lunch was gross so my mom made me a lunch everyday. It had a cheese and miracle whip sandwich, with fruit and dessert. I stopped eating that lunch about a year ago. I used to only be allowed to wear sporty shorts once a week. I used to give the best hugs. I loved Winnie the Pooh, I only at Cinnamon Life cereal, my best friend’s name was Tiger and he was real, he wasn’t a power ranger or a stuffed animal. I used to walk to the Peppermint Place when I visited my Grandma in the Summer. Now I wake up whenever I want on Saturday, and I don’t really even eat cereal. I don’t think Cartoon Network even is a thing anymore. I sleep in my bed for the whole night now. I don’t hug anyone but my mom. (and I still write her the best letters on her birthday and on Mother’s day.) She still makes me lunches but I haven’t had a cheese sandwich for a good while. Looking back it’s sad, I don’t know when all of this disappeared. I feel robbed, almost like a whole part of me was killed or taken away from me. The one thing that hasn’t really left me is the nervous stomach, but you wouldn’t know if I didn’t tell you. It’s still there though, I guess its the only proof I have left that there’s still a little child left in me.

2 comments:

  1. Where does time go? and why do things have to change? This was great. I am sorry you grew up though, I am happy to have the change to see this grown up post of yours. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete