Sunday, September 27, 2015

Chills

Those cold pricks that overtake our bodies and make our hairs stick up are what separate us from the robots.
Its the goosebumps that come from the speeches, the songs, and the poems.

They come from memories. The good, the bad, the forsaken, and the cherished. Those memories that make you fired up or make you grateful for what you have. 

Warm July nights, Cold November nights, first days of school, first days of summer. 

I get them from goodbyes, all the people I’ll never see again, even when I hug my mom goodbye in the morning, because who knows when the last time I see her will be. I get them when I eat her cookies, or after a nice home cooked meal. 
I used to get them when my dad read poems to me before bed. There’s one song that gets me every time I hear it.

 Then there’s that part in the Star-Spangled Banner that just kills me. Those cold pricks overtake my whole body and thats when I really know I’m not a robot.


Plus: Would a robot know these dope AF lyrics?

"Once I throw on this bow chicka wow wow
What you gonna say?
You act like you gon' leave
But I know that you gon' stay
Break it down, docky down down
Girl, don't even play
Once I set the mood right
I'm a make you sound like”
-Mike Posner

2 comments:

  1. "Then there’s that part in the Star-Spangled Banner that just kills me. Those cold pricks overtake my whole body and thats when I really know I’m not a robot."

    me too.

    and no, a robot wouldn't know those lyrics. they're way too dope af.

    ReplyDelete